Booker T. Washington High School accepts approximately 350 freshmen each year.
Upperclassmen may apply, but only a limited number of spaces are available.
- Students must have scores at the thirty-fifth percentile or above on both the reading and mathematics components of the most recent standardized academic measurements.
- Students must have a cumulative grade point average at or above 2.50 on a 4.00 scale for the first semester of the application year and for the school year immediately preceding.
- Students must have acceptable attendance as defined by no more than five (5) absences during the application year and no more than 10 absences during the immediate prior school year.
- Students must have acceptable behavior as defined by no suspensions out of school or alternative placement for disciplinary reasons during the application year or the second semester of the prior school year.
- The Teacher Recommendation Form must be submitted with the application in a sealed official school stationery envelope.
- Only current 8th graders may shadow.
- Carver visits as an entire school; therefore, Carver students may not register to shadow.
- There are a limited number of spaces, so please register early.
- Students must be in academic and discipline good-standing with their home school in order to participate.
- Parents are responsible for transportation.
- Parent Tours are available on a limited number of dates.
- Parents must sign-up in advance for a tour.
- Tours will take place from 8:30-9:30 am on scheduled dates.
- Tours will be led by members of the Senior Class and will conclude with Q&A session with school administration.
Save the Date: Thursday, November 29th, 5:45-8:00 PM
“Showcase” is an opportunity to tour Booker T. Washington High School, to meet school administrators, faculty, and students, and to learn more about our programs. The program will begin in the auditorium and will feature a number of our talented students. Following the auditorium program, the building will be open for tours.