Back to School
School Starts August 22
We are excited to begin the new school year with your child and their peers!
Attendance and wellness are very important factors in your child's academic success. We consider your child's safety, wellness, nutrition and education our highest priorities. However, we must work together with you to best meet your child's needs. Please review the information below to help your child have a very successful school year.
- Find your bus
- Attendance/Bell Times
- Stay Connected
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Student Grades & Records
- School Safety
- Early pick up from school
- Behavior Guide
Because of the competitive nature of admission, students meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed admission.
Applicants must meet all of the minimum requirements listed below:
- Scores at the 35th percentile or above on both the reading and mathematics components of the most recent standardizedacademic measurements, ex. state assessments or a nationally normed assessment.
- Cumulative GPA at or above 2.50 on a 4.00 scale for the first semester of the application year and for the school year immediately preceding,
- Superb attendance, excellent behavior with no suspensions, and a sealed Teacher Recommendation Form.
Please note that all 9th and 10th grade students at BTW are enrolled in the IB Middle Years Program (MYP). The IB MYP has specific curricular requirements including two years of a world language, PE or AFJROTC, community service hours, and a personal project in the sophomore year.
All students must apply for admission to BTW.
- Qualified applicants residing in the historical BTW area are offered preferential admission status.
- Qualified applicants from Carver are offered preferential admission status.
- After granting the above preferences, approximately 60% of the entering 9th grade class is composed of students residing in TPS Quadrants 1 and 2 and approximately 40% is composed of students residing in TPS Quadrants 3 and 4.
- Up to 5% of all available admission slots are reserved for admissions from among all qualified applicants at the discretion of the principal.
- The principal's discretion process is the only means by which admission is allowed for out-of-district applicants; out-of-district students may only be considered if there are available seats after all eligible TPS applicants have been placed.
- There is no preference for siblings.
Thank you for your interest in Booker T. Washington High School. The deadline to apply for the 2018-19 school year was Friday, January 19, 2018. At this time, we are no longer accepting applications.
Acceptance letters will be mailed by the TPS Enrollment Center and IDs of accepted applicants will be posted on the TPS website on Tuesday, February 20th.
A wait-list will be created, in rank order, for the students that met all admissions criteria but for whom space was not available. As vacancies occur, the parent/guardian will be contacted by phone and/or email.
For students who receive an acceptance letter to BTW, their parent/guardian must verbally accept the position by Friday, March 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
We have also concluded our Shadowing Program for the year. We are unable to offer individual shadowing opportunities or tours.
How do I determine which school my child should attend?
- Enter your home address into Find My Address.
To determine the correct bus stop for your child:
- Visit Bus Routes.
- Select your child’s school and find the stop closest to your home.
Who do I call if my child has not returned home from school on time?
- First call your child’s school
- If you do not get an answer, call transportation at 918-833-8100
- Note: buses may run 10-minutes after the posted stop time
Who do talk to about transportation for students with special needs?
- Call our special needs transportation representative at 918-833-8148 or email@example.com.
- Note: There is a 3-5 day processing window for all new applications
TPS students in grades 9-12 can ride Metropolitan Tulsa Transit Authority buses for free any day of the week. Students must present a valid TPS student I.D. Check times using the MTTA Trip Planner at www.tulsatransit.org. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-582-2100 for additional information.
The district and your school use various social media and other communications tools to keep you informed and involved.
- Visit your school's website for their social media channels.
- Install the SchoolWay app on your smartphone to receive timely notifications from your selected district, school(s), school organizations, teachers, etc.
- Follow the district's social media channels.
Be sure to sign up for Hornet Emails.
To view your child’s grades, attendance and other information:
- Parents - Student Grades
- Select “Create Account” and provide requested information
- Sign in using your created account and password
- Student data, including class schedules, will be available Aug 22.
To request a transcript, visit Student Records/Transcripts.
- Visit School Safety
- Includes TIPS for reporting an incident, school emergency procedures and more.
- Make sure your child's school has your accurate emergency contact information.
- Please obey traffic signs and stay alert when driving in a school zone.